Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 105-118 Kickboxing Kicked my Butt!

Finally back after a week of being sick!  I was so sick last week, my fingers hurt and all I did was slept until I was better.  I'm not exactly sure what I had but whatever it was it's gone now, thank God.  Anyway, I wasn't at the gym at all last week due to my sickness.  I didn't even have strength to do excerises at home.  I can't believe I went an entire winter without getting sick and then the last day of winter, it all caught up to me last Sunday.  When I was sick, my diet consisted of chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese sandwiches on wheat bread.  I ate that for a week until I was feeling better.  I couldn't taste food so eating anything else was pointless.  I thought my sickness diet would render me a pound or two on the scale but it definitely did not; however, I didn't gain weight either.  I haven't gained or lost weight in a while come to think of it.  I'm glad I haven't gained any weight but I really need to reevaluate what I'm doing so I can drop some weight again.

Since my weight loss is at a temporary stand still, I decided to treat myself as if I've been through rehab.  Let me explain.  I wrote a blog about being a junkaholic and I've been struggling with getting off the junk for a few months now.  I haven't had a clear day of no junk since I December of last year and since I track everything I eat on Sparkpeople.com, I know this is the reason I haven't dropped that much weight in the past few months.  Anyway, I decided to take it one day at a time when it comes to not eating junk.  I mean I literally take it one day at a time.  I started about two weeks ago an haven't make it past day one but no matter what happens, slip-up, forgetfulness, a piece of candy accidentally falls into my mouth, I start over the next day with the intention of finishing going the distance.  To date, I am two days junk free!  I can't think about tomorrow or next week because I can't control the future but what I can see and control is my day.  Day to day junk free is how I'm living right now. 

Now to change to subject, I finally tried kickboxing!  Oh boy was I excited!  So, Monday me and my big girl friend went to kickboxing class and it was fun; however, it wasn't what I expected.  First, let me tell you how this short, skinny lady had us running in circles around the room for five minutes at a time!  Yes, FIVE MINUTES!  The running was after she worked us out with some crazy cardio mix of jumping and squatting and all kinds of craziness.  For forty minutes, we did this and by the end of the circuit, I was done but class was an hour.  Kickboxing wasn't what I thought and I wasn't sweating as much as I would've like but I am going to give it another try next Monday.  So far Zumba has kickboxing beat.  Anyway, the day after kickboxing class, I was in a lot of pain.  I thought the class didn't work but my legs were on fire and I was excited!  Since I was in pain, I knew kickboxing worked for me.  Next week I am going to to shoot for kickboxing on Monday and Zumba on Tuesday and Thursday.  I must say, I love the freedom of being independent and driving on my own.  I'm able to do things I never thought I would be able to and going places the bus will not take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment