Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Days 103&104 Shake It! My Zumba Experience

I just got home from my first day of Zumba class.  I just have one word to describe it...AWESOME!  I solicited one of my big girl friends and we shook what our mamas gave us all up and down the dance floor! I had a ball!  Don't get me wrong I felt like I was working out but it was fun.  Right now, my entire body is aching. Even my fingers! LOL.  While in the class, I felt as if I wasn't working hard enough to get a good burn.  I know I'm not a heavy sweater but I really wanted a high impact, keep-going-until-you-pass-out type workout.  Well, I felt like I didn't get what I wanted out of the class until I stopped dancing.  My hips and butt are hurting so much that I'm in pain while sitting writing this blog.  I LOVE IT!  Like I said, I'm not much of a sweater but I know I got a good dance in because my body is in pain. 

I'm excited about doing Zumba because one of my readers told me that dancing helps with the lower body and, if you've read my past blogs, you know I'm struggling to get my lower body in shape.  I'm going to take a picture of my butt once a month so I see that sucka shrink!  I mean, don't get me wrong.  I love the junk in my trunk and my hubby does also but a little less would be nice.  Anyway, I love Zumba!  Monday I'm going to do kick boxing and pick up Zumba twice a week and add more gradually. 

The best thing about doing a class is you push yourself because of the people around you.  I wanted to stop moving but I didn't.  I did it for an hour!  Typically, I would do cardio for twenty or thirty minutes max but since I was in a class full of people and they didn't stop I didn't want to stop.  I felt I had to keep move and shaking with them.  Now I can't wait until I really know the dance moves so I can really shake it all over that dance floor.  MAN, I FEEL AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment