Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Epiphany!

Sunday, while I was in church, God told me what I needed to do in order to lose this weight and be sucessful.  Scriptures.  In His Word lies the answers I've been searching for all this time.  How?  Well, the Bible tells us to, "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you" (Matthew 6:33).  I haven't been living by this scripture instead I've been putting myself first and God second.  Wow!  I can't believe I just said that.  Well, it's the truth because if it wasn't I would've allowed myself to get as big as I am now.  Food and serving God goes hand in hand and the sooner I, and my fellow overweight brothers and sisters in Christ realize this to be true than we will change our lives. 

When Matthew 6:33 popped in my head, I also realized how I can put God first while I'm changing my eatting habits.  I am going to find all the scriptures I can about strength, endurance, health, and food.  Once I've complied these scriptures together, I will recite them when I need to.  I will recite them before I eat dinner, when I'm working out, when I think I can't go any further and when I want to give up.  By doing this I will truely put God first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment