Sunday, November 28, 2010

Part of My Plan

I need to trick my brain into thinking the food on my plate is a lot of food or what I've come to recognize as a "normal" plate of food.  How can I do this?  Every meal I eat will be served on a saucer not a normal plate.  Also, I will serve myself with a tablespoon not a serving spoon; therefore, placing less food on my saucer.  With these two small changes I believe I will trick my brain into thinking I'm eating a lot when I'm eating more than half of what I normally eat. 

Finally, I was debating weather or not I should eat the 100 calorie snacks and today I decided no.  For the first couple of weeks, I am going to go through a sugar "withdrawal".  I am going to force my body not to crave sweets like I normally do and rely on natural sugars from fruits.  Why so drastic you ask? Well, because I've been addicted to sweets my entire life and it's time for a change.  I remember when I was a child my parents would give us a dollar, sometimes less, and my siblings and we would immediately run to the corner store and by whatever we could with that dollar.  I can also remember being sent to high school with only a dollar and every morning I would go to the store up the street from the school and by nachos and a pretzel with cheese and eat that as breakfast.  Yes, my mother made us breakfast every morning but I really like junk.  Yeah, it's not just sweets. 

As an adult, these same bad habits has transformed into my adult life and every time I go to the store, I buy junk.  Sometimes I'm not interested in eating it and it sits in my cupboard for days but I must buy it.  That's bad and I want to stop but it's unconscious.

No comments:

Post a Comment