Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Bollywood & Zumba Workout

Today, I decided to do my first official workout and to be honest, it was hard but I kept going and got through it.  Instead of doing some boring routine consisting of squats, stretches, and bends, I decided to try a dance workout instead.  Earlier today, I started watching belly dancing on FitTv (Comcast) and thought it was interesting.  I searched On Demand until I found something that was similar and just as fun.  Low and behold I stumbled upon Back 2 Bollywood! This is an example of the type of dance moves I performed today.
Anyway, I thought this Bollywood exercise would be easy and simple especially since it was only fifteen minutes.  Well, the joke was on me.  This dance had me out of breath and hurting by the end of the workout!  I was surprised and excited.  I'm not going to lie like those infomercials and say I didn't notice I was working out because I was having so much fun dancing.  You know that's a lie.  I mean, I'm a big girl lol. I felt like I was exercising and it wasn't easy because I was in pain but I just kept saying it's only fifteen minutes and I got through it. 


After I completed Back 2 Bollywood, I wanted to try Zumba.  I heard of Zumba and saw the commercials and it looks fun.  Well, Comcast On Demand only had one six minute video session, which was disappointing.  I attempted to do the Cuban Salsa with the instructors and their background dancers with their flat stomachs and perfectly shaped bodies and their hips moving seductively from side to side but um yeah I was totally out of my comfort zone.  I consider myself to have rhythm. I mean I'm black and even though not all black people have rhythm, I DO!  You can ask my mother if you don't believe me.  I've been dancing since I could walk but this Cuban salsa was no joke.  Most times I was on beat with the music but then other times my body was moving without me giving it instructions! LOL  The Zumba workout  wasn't as intense as the Bollywood workout but like I said it was only six minutes.  Tomorrow I am going to do both workouts again until I master the moves and move my hips like a skinny chick in a fat girl's body!

No comments:

Post a Comment