Sunday, December 5, 2010

Knowing Your Body Type Equals Weightloss

A few days ago, one of my friends sent me info about knowing your body type to help you lose weight more efficiently. This intrigued me because I know my body type is a "pear" and I know the challenges I have to face when it comes to losing weight.  As I began researching my body type, I've discovered my suspicions about how I have to lose weight and eat right are correct!  So, here are the three different body types with it's scientific name:
  1. The Ectomorph - tall and lean
  2. The Mesomorph - apple shaped
  3. The Endomorph - pear shaped
Since I am an endomorph, I am going to focus this body top. 

The Endomorph typically gain weight quickly and lose weight slowly.  Most of our weight are in the bottom half of our bodies (I nor my husband has a problem with this) making our legs bigger than any other body type.  Our body type is said to be the worse because of these fact but if your married or in a long term relationship, your spouse or significant other should love your lower half because you have curves!  (SIDEBAR:  A few celebrities have the pear shaped body are Beyonce, J Lo, Monique.  This women are beautiful and have curves that kicks butt!  So, if you are in the process of losing weight, you can look similar to these women once you've reached your goal weight.) 

Anyway, in order for us to lose weight we have to eat healthy AND exercise in order to lose weight.  We also have to stay away from white foods, i.e. white rice, white pasta, potatoes, and focus our diets around eating whole grains, beans and vegetables.  The endomorph must eat 4 to 6 small meals a day in order to speed up our metabolism and the carbs we consume, should be eaten in the morning allowing our bodies to work them off throughout the day.

I'm loosely following these guidelines so that I can lose weight quickly and effectively.  Here is the link so you can read about your body type.  http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mayner3.htm 

No comments:

Post a Comment