Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Day Thirteen - Revelation from the Pulpit

Yesterday in church Apostle Moorefield spoke on many things but one thing he said stood out for me.  He said if you have the Holy Spirit then He speaks to you and tells you when you're doing something wrong.  For example, if you are an alcoholic and you stopped drinking but sometimes you get tested.  Maybe at an office party or when you're at dinner with friends.  The Holy Spirit will tell you "Hey! You know you you shouldn't have that drink".  Now, if Christians profess to have the Holy Spirit, those Christians that believe in Him, then why do we choose to continue to do the wrong thing? This got me thinking about Christian fatties like myself.

I've been in church since before I was born.  My father is a pastor and he and my mother taught us the Bible as children very well.  We, my siblings and I, learned of the Holy Spirit early in my life and I believe in Him and his presence in my live.  I've encountered the Holy Spirit in my life several times especially when I was about to do something I had no business doing but like my weight, I ignored Him because I thought the benefit of instant gratification was better than future consequences.  I, and any other Christians, should learn to listen to the Holy Spirit and his guidance in every aspect of our live.  If we do, we will not be broke, fat, depressed or have anger issues. My ears are open and NOW I'm listening more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment