Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day Eleven - Relapse

Yesterday I had  a bit of a relapse.  I had several slices of pizza that threw off my good eating habits, my eating times, and made me hungry at 10 p.m.  This was my first relapse since I started my life changing journey but it's not the fact that I had pizza, it's how much pizza I ate.  I ordered spinach pizza with thin crust and white cheese from Domino's and it was delicious but because the slices were cut into squares, I wasn't sure how much pizza I was eating and before I knew it, I hate half of the pizza!  Talk about oink!

I can offer a dozen of reasons, which are ultimately are excuses,  as to why I ate that many slices of pizza instead I'm going to tell the truth.  My focus is slightly off this week.  I noticed Thursday that I was eating a little more than normal, or my new normal rather, and sometimes it's unconscious.  So, in an effort to keep myself focus, every Wednesday after my weigh-in, I'm going to remind myself of the reasons why I am doing this challenge.  By doing this, I'm constantly reminded and hopefully this will keep me focused. 

Why do I want to lose weight?  Well, my number one reason is for my health.  I DO NOT want to have diabetes or other health problems ultimately cutting my life short and short changing my husband and my family.  By getting healthier, I won't be a burden on my husband or my future kids.  Also, speaking of my future kids, I want to have children.  I know once I get this weight off, I will be able to get pregnant and have a healthy baby and to be perfectly honest, this is the main reason why I want to lose this weight; however, I know that unless I get healthy, I will not be able to have a child.  I'm going to do this! No, it's DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment