Monday, December 27, 2010

Day Twenty-seven - I Got You Babe!

I started this journey exactly twenty-seven days ago.  When I began, I invited family, friends, strangers, anyone I talked with to follow my journey so they could encourage me and help me with staying on course.  People told me they are going to take the challenge with me to lose weight because they needed to lose ten, twenty, even fifty pounds.  I wasn't expecting anyone to take this challenge with me.  I wasn't even expecting my husband to lose weight with me but he decided, on his own, to lose weight.  Well, here it is twenty-seven days later and the only people I know that are still fighting are me and my husband. 

Let me tell you something, this isn't an easy journey.  Changing your eating habits isn't easy when you're use to eating whatever you want when you want.  Your body goes through withdrawal symptoms.  You crave foods you use to eat:  chips, chocolate, bread, pasta, fried fish, fried chicken, baked mac and cheese, Tastycake and in order to change your mind you have to have a mental battle.  "Why are you losing weight?"  "Will that cake make you feel better?"  You literally talk to yourself until the "good" side of you wins.  Some days it's just a decision but most days it's a fight.

If I was depending on people to help me lose weight, I would've lost thirteen pounds.  Like I told my husband, it's me and him against the world.  We have all we need within ourselves:  God, determination, and will power.  No matter what your goals in life are, don't wait for anyone to get you started or to help you get to your goal.  Pray and ask God to lead and guide you to make the right decisions and just do it.  "Nothing is impossible, the word itself says I'm possible" -Audrey Hepburn

No comments:

Post a Comment